Saturday 26 April 2014

Not Worried/Worried


I’m not worried about
the clothes you wear, the style of your hair, if you’re beyond repair
the contents of your pockets or bag, whether you ride a bicycle, or a jag
if you wipe your nose with a dirty rag

It doesn’t worry me if
you are fat, thin, overweight, with a double chin
like feeding the pigeons, are the subject of derision
lack precision, hate to make decisions

It doesn’t matter whether you
can tell a wasp from a bee, are classified as gender one of three
want to be reincarnated as a tree, are septuagenarian, barbarian
vegetarian, love dorian

I don’t care about
your makeup, what time you wake up, how you cure hiccups
how many times you tripped up, slipped up
if you know the meaning of palimpsest, or consider existence to be
your last test
BUT I MUST ADMIT I SOMETIMES WORRY ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE THINKING